1) This site is exclusive use for Town of Woodruff yard waste and debris (non-commercial).
2) The site will be opened in Spring when the Road Department determines the road is ready.
3) The site will have a published schedule that will include times & dates that the site will be open.
4) The acceptable items for the site:
- Grass clippings
- Logs (smaller than 15” in diameter)
- Saw dust
- Wood chips
5) If a request is received to access the site other than a published time, the Town Office or the Town Road Department will have the authority to give permission.
6) If found dumping anything other than the acceptable items, the individual will be charged for the entire clean-up.
7) All people using the site must have a permit.
8) Anyone caught on premise without authorization, may be charged with trespassing.
NO STUMPS OR DIRT!
NO BUILDING PRODUCTS ARE ALLOWED, INCLUDING LUMBER!
The Town of Woodruff cares about issues that are important to you and appreciates you taking the time to communicate with us. We know that our community can only become better with all of us working together. Please complete the attached form so that we may better serve you.
RABIES CERTIFICATE MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION OR THE LICENSE WILL NOT BE ISSUED.
DOG LICENSE FEE: $15.00 Male or Female / $5.00 Neutered Male or Spayed Female.
Subject to the provisions of Chapter 174 of the Statues, and such provisions and regulations as may at any time be imposed by the State of Wisconsin. A late fee of $5.00 shall be assessed to the owner of each dog, five months of age or older who fails to obtain a dog license by April 1st.
MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO: TOWN OF WOODRUFF P.O. BOX 560, WOODRUFF, WI 54568
Dog License Application Renewal
Please return this form to the Town of Woodruff office along with the $50.00 fee.
The Garage/Rummage/Estate Sale permit is attached below the Town of Woodruff ordinance.
390-2 Rummage sales.
The following definitions shall be applicable in this section:
That property which is owned, utilized, maintained and acquired in the normal course of living or maintaining a residence. It includes merchandise which was purchased for resale or obtained on consignment where the same is being sold in a manner or in conjunction with personal property which has been maintained and acquired in the normal course of living.
Includes all general sales open to the public and conducted from or on the residential premises for the purpose of disposing of personal property, including but not limited to all sales titled a rummage, lawn, yard, porch, room, backyard, patio, flea market or garage sale.
B. Property permitted to be sold. No person shall sell or offer for sale at a rummage sale property other than personal property as described above without first obtaining a permit from the Town Clerk.
C. Hours and days of operation. Rummage sales shall be conducted only between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. no more than four days during any week, and not more than three in one calendar year shall be conducted from any given premises.
D. Advertising signs; permit required. "Rummage Sale," "Garage Sale" or similar signs shall be permitted to advertise a sale as long as they are put up so as not to interfere with vision of traffic and they are put up and taken down not more than 12 hours before and after the sale. There will be no charge for the issuance of such permit, which must be obtained from the Woodruff Town Clerk by appearing in person to make the request for such a permit at the Woodruff Town Office. No garage/rummage/estate sale will be allowed within the boundaries of the Town of Woodruff without first obtaining the necessary permit at the Woodruff Town Office.
E. Exceptions. The provisions of this section shall not apply to or affect the following persons or sales:
(1) Person selling goods pursuant to an order or process of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(2) Persons acting in accordance with the powers and duties of public officials.
(3) Persons selling or advertising for sale an item or items of personal property which were specifically named or described in the advertisement.
(4) Any sale direct by any merchant or mercantile or other business established from or any place of business wherein such sales would be permitted by the applicable zoning regulations or under the protection of a nonconforming use section thereof, or any other sale conducted by a manufacturer, dealer or vendor and which sale would be conducted from properly zoned premises and not otherwise prohibited in this section.
 Editor's Note: Amended at time of adoption of Code (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. II).
(5) Any bona fide charitable, educational, cultural or governmental institution or organization; provided, however, that the burden of establishing the exemption of this subsection shall be on the organization or institution claiming such exemption.
F. Enforcement. This section shall be enforced by the Town Clerk and Town Board members. The Town Clerk or Board member shall investigate any violation of this section coming to his attention, whether by complaint or arising from his own personal knowledge, and if a violation is found to exist, he shall notify the Police Department for further investigation. The Police Department shall also investigate any violation of this section which it becomes aware of during the normal course of its duties.
G. Conduct of sales. The person who is conducting the rummage sale and the owner and tenant of the premises on which such sale or activity is conducted shall be jointly and severally responsible for the maintenance of good order and decorum on the premises during all hours of such sale or activity. No such person shall permit any loud or boisterous conduct on such premises nor permit vehicles to impede the passage of any traffic on any roads or streets in the area of such premises. All such persons shall obey the reasonable order of any member of the Town Police or Fire Department in order to maintain the public health, safety and welfare.
State regulation information: http://www.revenue.wi.gov/forms/alcohol/index.html
Operator, Liquor, and Tobacco License applications for the Town of Woodruff are attached below.
PLEASE NOTE: Operator, Liquor, and Tobacco licenses must be approved by the Town Board (which meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month) before the Town Clerk can issue them. Provisional operator license may be obtained for an additional $15.00 if a license is needed upon request.
Attached is the Wisconsin Voter Registration Application.
Attached is the application and ordinance for delivery service during road weight limits. Please print, fill in the information, and fax to the Woodruff Town Office at (715) 358-2677.
The Woodruff Police Department and the supplier of service will be notified by the Woodruff Town Office of permission granted to provide this delivery service which has been requested.
Note: The requestor and the supplier are liable for any and all damage that may occur while they are traveling on Woodruff Town Roads.
Per Woodruff Town Ordinance, sec. 67-22, Accommodations Tax, a room tax is imposed on the privilege and service of furnishing rooms or lodging to transients. The tax is at a rate of 4% of the gross receipts from such retail furnishing of rooms or lodging. Every person and organization furnishing rooms or lodging must obtain a permit from the Town of Woodruff by filing a Room Tax Permit Application with the Town Treasurer. Permits are issued annually, and are in effect from July 1 of that year until June 30 of the following year. The permit must be displayed in a conspicuous location at the place of business for which is has been issued.
Each year after issuance, room tax permit holders are required to fill out an updated permit application and submit it to the Town of Woodruff Treasurer before July 1st of that year. Failure to comply will result in revocation of the room tax permit.
In addition, Quarterly Room Tax forms must be filled out and returned to the Town Treasurer on a timely basis, every quarter, whether you have rentals or not. A written notice will be sent to the permit holder giving them 10 days to remit the form and any payment due. If a permit holder fails to make a payment or file a report, the matter will be turned over to the Town's attorney. Their permit will be suspended and a fine of up to $250 per day may be imposed for this violation.
Links to Applicable forms and other information (to be added soon):
Room Tax Permit Application
Quarterly Room Tax Form (sample)
Checklist (p. 4 of county ARP packet)
Cabin & Vacation Home Checklist
A Guide to Renting out your Property